1. Bacteria grow by …….. Process.
a. Binary fission b. Budding
2. Time at which one cell gives rise to two progeny cells is called…
a. exponential growth b. logarithmic growth c. both
3. Exponential growth of e.coli is.
a. 20 mints b. 1-hour c. 45 mints
4. In the LAG phase. Which …….. activity occurs.
a. Metabolic b. cell division
5. Bacteria growth curve consists of four-phase. lag, log, stationary, death phase. In which phase antibiotic kills bacteria?
a. lag b. log c. stationary d. death
6. Some bacteria (Gram-positive vs gram-negative ) are obligatory. Term obligatory explains
a. They can synthesis their own ATP B. they lack superoxide dismutase and catalase
7. Term CONJUGATION means
a. Mating two bacterial cells during DNA transforming b. Transforming DNA by means bacterial virus c. Both
8. Accurate statements about transposons is.
A. short sequenced DNA part b. the short sequence of RNA for regulatory gens
9. Change in the base sequence of DNA that usually results in the insertion of amino acid into protein is called
a. mutation b. conjugation c. transformation
10. Term transduction means
a. transforming DNA from one bacteria to another by virus b. Purified protein was taken up by a cell
11. which term describes a permanent change to a genetic sequence?
a. mutation b. karyotype c. mutagen d. phenotype
12. A bacterium was found to contain a sequence of atcgggatcct in its genome. a few generations later, the sequence was found to be atcggggggatcct. what type of mutation caused this change in the bacteria?
a. duplication b. insertion c. translocation d. inversion
13. which is a characteristic of retrotransposons, but not of DNA transposons?
a. deletion b. show diversity c. move from one position to another
14. Actinobacteria sp. are organisms called chemoorgano heterotrophs. they do not use oxygen to breathe. they break down organic material and convert it to inorganic material. which part of the carbon cycle does this describe?
A. photosynthesis B. respiration C. Decomposition D. Assimilation
15. which statement is true about bacterial cells
A.They do not have membrane B. Some bacteria have membrane
16. what term describes an organism that lacks superoxide dismutase and catalase enzymes
a. Aerobe bacteria b. Anaerobe bacteria c. Obligatory anaerobes
17. microbial death occurs when there is
a. lag phase b. Log phase c. Death phase
NOTE: For the answer key check video