WHAT is male fertility test?
Male fertility test is used to check the fertility of male. Infertility can be in males or in females. Therefore this test is necessary for conformation.
In the case of infertility of the male, the male becomes unable to pregnant his partner (female) after one year of marriage or even more time.
HOW TO TEST MALE FERTILITY (SEMEN TEST)
How to check male fertility is an important question. The semen Test is an important test in this regard. For this test (Semen Test) you need these things. Here is the answer to “how to eject sperm for test”
- Clean, dry, wide-open mouth plastic jar use for semen collection. The container or jar lid must not be rubber-lined.
- The specimen should be collected in the morning, to allow sufficient time for its analysis.
- Masturbation is the ideal method for the production of specimens (semen).
- The specimen should be transported to a laboratory within one hour, after collection.
Physical Examination of semen
- Note the volume, color, appearance of the specimen. Normally semen looks like jell, but after 5 to 20 mint, it liquefied.
- If semen is not liquefied. You should make the specimen liquefied before adding add 6 to 8 drops of alpha-amylase.
- The next step, Check the viscosity. It checked by dropping the drop of semen from a ten-centimeter log tube containing 0.1 ml. Time taken to form a drop and leave is measured. This is viscosity time.
Sperm count test at home
Sperm can be count at home you have the facility. First, you should collect the specimen in a clean jar. After collection, you should follow all these steps.
Visual Assessment of semen:
Place a drop of the specimen on a clean slid. After this, place this slid on a light microscope for visual examination.
If the specimen needs dilution, 3.5% buffered formal saline should be added. Five ml of gentian solution violet stain can be added to stain the sperm.
Normal Sperm Count to get Pregnant
Normal Sperm Count to get Pregnant is
|Volume||1 – 10 ml|
|Sperm Count||60-150 million/ml|
There are some other factors which are also important .
- Sperm number,
Motility is an important factor as a number of sperm. If the sperm count is normal but motility is less than 150 then there will be less chance of getting pregnant. In aspermia (No ejaculation of sperm) zero percentage of pregnancy. Oligospermia ( Reduction in sperm count) has more chance as compare to aspermic condition.
Morphology is also a key factor. If sperm is is abnormal in shape then it will only 10% chance of pregnancy.