Learn about “list of gram negative bacteria and their diseases” is.
Bacteria are classified on the basis of gram stain. Some bacteria are gram-positive and some of them are gram-negative.
Gram-negative bacteria attain pink color while gram-positive have violet color.
List of 14 gram-negative bacteria and their diseases
Here is the name of gram-negative bacteria and their diseases
- Acinetobacter –
- Enterobacter – Pneumonia, UTI
- Clostridium Botulinum
- E.coli – UTI, traveler diarrhea, neonatal meningitis
- Salmonella – Typhoid fever, enterocolitis
- Shagila – Dysentery
- Haemophilus Influenza
- Neisseria- Respiratory tract infection ( Menigitus, Gonorrhea )
- Vibrio – Watery diarrhea
- Campylobacter- Bloody Diarrhea
- Klebsiella – Pneumonia, UTI
- Helicobactor – Peptic ulcer, gastritis
- Brucella – brucellosis
- Bordetella – cat scratch disease
- Proteus – UTI
- Yersinia – Mesenteric adenitis, Plague, enterocolitis
- Serratia – Pneumonia, UTI
Gram-Negative Bacteria Mnemonic
She Sent Prank 2 BBC.
If you don’t understand, you should watch this video
List of Gram negative Cocci and their diseases
Here is a list of some diseases caused by gram-negative cocci bacteria:
- Neisseria meningitidis: Meningitis, septicemia
- Neisseria gonorrhoeae: Gonorrhea
- Moraxella catarrhalis: Otitis media, bronchitis, sinusitis
- Eikenella corrodens: Skin and soft tissue infections
- Kingella kingae: Osteoarticular infections, particularly in young children
- Acinetobacter baumannii: Nosocomial infections such as pneumonia and urinary tract infections
- Vibrio cholerae: Cholera
- Pasteurella multocida: Septicemia, wound infections
Note: It is worth noting that not all gram-negative cocci are pathogenic, and some of them are normal flora.
List of Gram negative bacilli and their diseases
Here are a list of Gram-negative bacilli and the diseases they can cause:
- Escherichia coli: urinary tract infections, sepsis, meningitis, diarrhea
- Klebsiella pneumoniae: pneumonia, urinary tract infections, sepsis, meningitis
- Pseudomonas aeruginosa: pneumonia, sepsis, urinary tract infections, wound infections
- Proteus mirabilis: urinary tract infections, sepsis
- Salmonella: food poisoning, enteric fever, typhoid fever
- Shigella: bacillary dysentery
- Haemophilus influenzae: meningitis, pneumonia, epiglottitis
- Neisseria meningitidis: meningitis, sepsis
2 thoughts on “List of gram negative bacteria and their diseases (Cocci, Bacilli)”
sydney cbd florist delivery
Hello! I just would like to give a huge thumbs up for the great info you have here on this post. I will be coming back to your blog for more soon.