What is SGPT or ALT (Alanine aminotransferase) ?
Alanine aminotransferase is an enzyme synthesis in liver. When liver damage due to some disease, it (alanine aminotransfrase) rises in the blood. Therefore SGPT or ALT test becomes necessory for liver diagnosis. is also written in ALT form. It is important test for diagnosis of liver disease.
Both ALT and AST (Aspartate amino transferase) hormone are helpful for liver diagnosis. ALT level rise more as compare to AST in liver cell damage . Therefore ALT is more important then AST.
Note: Before interpreting the report, it should be noted that, AST concentration aslo raise in heart and skeletal muscle disease.
SGPT test normal range for male, female
- ALT normal range (value)…….up to 35 to 40 U/L
- sgpt alt normal range for female ….. 20 to 25 U/L
- ALT (g.p.t) normal value for male is….. 25 to 40
SGPT blood test measuring procedure (ALT)
ALT test procedure Requirements
How is SGPT measured? step wise.
- First, you should bring the reading of the chemistry analyzer to be zero by aspirating distill water.
- After centrifuging the sample and collect serum (image 2) of the Patient in a test tube or cuvit.
- Add 500 micro litter GPT reagents in test tube then add 10 microliters of serum in reagent (image 3).
- After mixing both, select the GPT test on the chemistry analyzer manually. Then aspirate this serum +GPT reagent mixture to the analyzer.
- Wait for few minutes to complete the graph.
SGPT test calculation formula (ALT)
Alt calculated by folowing formulas.
ALT= 1746 * Rate of change in absorbance
Note: 1746 is the factor
6 thoughts on “SGPT test normal range in male female and child, procedure”
After finishing the SGPT test, we saw a result on the machine screen was that –
What is the meaning of this value?
What is the SGPT result?
Let me know Heady Vapes shop in 152 1/2 Franklin Avenue offers eliquid made by Prickly Smooth Black? I have emailed them at firstname.lastname@example.org