Best food for diabetes control is an important factor. Here is the list of food for diabetic patients.DIABETES is a metabolic disease linked to hyperglycemic conditions. It is due to metabolic defects in carbohydrates which leads to complications in blood vessels, the excretory system, nervous system, and eyes. If it goes to the chronic stage, it causes end-stage renal failure, blindness, non-traumatic extremity amputation.
- Fruits and vegetables: Fresh, frozen, dried, and canned. These lower blood pressure, heart stroke.
- Food containing STARCH: rice, potatoes, pasta, chapattis, bread. If they raise sugar levels then basmati, whole-wheat pasta, and wild rice. such food contains starch or fiber which improves the digestive system’s function.
- Food with protein: Nuts, eggs, fish, and beans.
- Diry Foods: milk, yogurt contain calcium. which is necessary for health.
- Oil and spreads: Diabetic patients have many diseases including heart disease. Therefore he should use less saturated food.
What are the diagnostic criteria for Diabetes Mellitus
- Random Blood Glucose (RBG): If the blood glucose level is more than 200 mg/dl, with signs and symptoms.
- Fasting Blood Glucose (FBG): If fasting level of blood glucose is 126 mg/dl.
- Oral Glucose Tolerance Test (OGTT): If the blood glucose level is 200 mg/dl after loading of standard glucose.
Note: Individuals with fasting diabetic patients food between 100 and 126 mg/DL or Oral glucose Test is between 140-200mg/dl are considering to be “Prediabetic” such patients have a 5% to 10% risk of progression to diabetes.