7 KEY differences between type 1 and type 2 diabetes
Diabetes is associate with a rise in blood sugar levels. The main difference between type 1 and type 2 diabetes is that type.
- Type 1 occurs at an early age. while type 2 occurs at a late age.
- Type 1 occurs due to autoimmune destruction of beta-cell of the pancreas.
- In this case, there is an absolute deficiency of insulin in the blood.
- Type 2 diabetes at late age or middle of age.
- Most obese patients have type 2.
- This type of diabetes occurs due to impaired insulin secretion or resistance to insulin.
- Obesity and under-activity are the main causes of type 2 diabetes.
In this disease blood, sugar level is directly linked to Insulin in the blood. Deficiency of Insulin results in raise in blood sugar levels. Here we are going to compare both types of Diabetes
Type 1 vs 2 diabetes
Type 1 Diabetes
Features: Most patients are obeseClinical Symptoms: Blood insulin Levels are normal
Pathology: No Insulitis, Amyloid Deposition in pancreatic cells.
Pathogenesis: No HLA linkage
Genetic: Insulin Resistance